APRIL – MAY
- Comprehension Project. Wow! What a Change!
We read “Tell me a story Grandpa” (Oxford Discover pages 58 and 59), and through collaborative work we created a play on the story. We finally watched all the groups’ plays.
- Phonics: Phonics bug. No lunch! Sound ch, and revision of previous sounds (sh, -ng, ks, th). We spotted the sounds, and added the words to the word bank. Then, we had a dictation.
/ch/ chips, lunch
/th/ with, them
/ng/ Pong, rings
Tricky word: she
- Past Simple regular verbs. We revised orally and did some written work.
Written reinforcement (first Oxford Discover)
- It was Oli LB’s Special Day!!
- We revised PAST SIMPLE and did some written work.
- We worked on Possessive Adjectives and Pronouns.
- Reading Time – Bug Club